Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend warriors

Wow.. So it's been a week since I last posted! Oopsie gotta be more on top of this huh. So the title is weekend warriors since for the past 2 weekends we have basically plowed through so much "stuff!"

SHOPPING.......

Weekend 1= Christmas shopping. I think dad's must have some secret gift of getting the house all to themselves with phrases like " take the kids with you and your mom she would love to see them." really?! Of course she would.. But you take a 5 and 2 yr old out shopping all day.. Yes that is my idea of a relaxing Sunday. Needless say 9 am Sunday morning mom and I ventured out with 2 boys. We went from store to store with minimal screaming (me) running (mom), grabbing (Logan) and whinning (Nate). I managed to get 1/2 the shopping done with little damage to the budget (YEAH!) and to the kids :). My mom treated us to lunch and we even did some grocery shopping. 6 hours, 1 mall and 6 stores later I made it home in time for the Bears game @ 3pm.

TURKEY BOWL DOWN

Weekend 2= so thanksgiving is upon us and I did something I vowed I would try so hard not to...I bought the boys matching polo's ( they can wear them to church and a few other places separately ) they wore them thanksgiving with my family and everyone thought they both looked so cute! eh so occasionally they can match. Thursday was a day to eat, relax, and celebrate. It was nice to FINALLY have a "sister " in the Greek sense as my 18 yr old. cousin ( who has been like a little sister) pledged a sorority-- while she is in a different one we talked all night about our experiences and it was great to connect with her differently! I can't wait for her to truly experience sisterhood!

Then came the moment of truth.. Turkey Bowl time. What is turkey bowl you ask ! Well every thanksgiving we have a bowling match up. 2 games family vs family for a real trophy & the chance to be crowned TURKEY BOWL CHAMPIONS. So my mom, me, the boys and hubby are a team along with my aunt/uncle and cousins and then each of my aunts 3 sisters has a team. We all have 4 (Logan bowled sporadically for Nate). Last year our slogan was " That's how we roll." this year, seeing as we came in last, we decided to go with Bowled Over. And boy were we ever. Team score was in the 300's and hubby bowled in the 100's. Nate ( he DID have bumpers) beat me... Safe to say we came in last..... Again... And if hubby ever cheats on me it will be in November with some pro-bowler.

So we practice for next year. I'm hoping to at least beat Nate :)... Off to grade and watch Bears football. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: